Mission San Diego with Billy Graham established new records for attendance and local support, among other notes of interest, including:
• 220,000 in total attendance.
• 74,000 on May 10 – Largest crowd ever for Qualcomm Stadium, passing the 1988 Super Bowl for record.
• 17,500 responding, a 6% response rate — double normal response of 3% for a Mission.
• A BGEA record for most number of local churches — 700 — cooperating in support of a Mission.
• $2.2 million raised through Friday evening — meeting budget needs. No offering was taken on Saturday, and the Sunday evening offering will be used to support the Oklahoma City Mission, cost of television time to broadcast the San Diego Mission and local evangelical efforts.
• Over 110,000 at Qualcomm for youth/kids services on Saturday.
• 6,000 in the adult choir.
• 4,500 in the children’s choir.
• First broadcast of a Billy Graham Mission over the Armed Forces Radio & Television network to more than 800,000 military personnel and their families.